Thursday, May 12, 2005

Ajax @ Amazon?

Given that I was one of the lone attendees without a demo to show at the Ajax Summit earlier this week, I wish I had known about Amazon's new Diamond Search, which uses a combo of DHTML and Ajax-style backend communication to allow users to narrow search results in a purely visual way. Move the sliders back and forth and watch as some mysterious process fetches the number of search results in real time.

Full disclosure: I didn't build this and have no idea how it works under the hood. A press release went out last Wednesday and the app has been publically available for at least a week. News to me.

7 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger Martijn said...

Dragging the sliders is almost impossible in current trunk builds of Mozilla, probably for the same reason as https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=291217

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger mswitzer said...

works fine in my mozilla

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Martijn said...

I mean trunk builds, latest development builds, which you can download here:
link1
link2

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger daniel said...

In search of a PERL programmer for my site. Swing by and let me know
"Credit Card Company"
My website provides information on credit cards and credit reports. Mostly
low interest credit cards. Looking for PERL help so I can parse large
text files. If interested email me

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Fantastic blog. I 100% agree with the above comments! I will be back!
Cheap Cellular Phones

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Awesome blog!
Low Cost Health Insurance
Cheap Low Cost Health Insurance

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Great commenting. Great posts. Great job! :-)
Golf Equipment

 

Post a Comment

<< Home